Friday fashion round up

Its time for my Friday fashion round up where I pick out who I think were the best and worst dressed celebs this week.

First up its Scarlett Johansson who wore this monochrome Preen dress from A/W 12-13 to receive her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I love this look on Scarlett as its pure old school Hollywood when paired with a retro hairdo and the red Christian Louboutin platform peep-toes.


Next up its the divine Poppy Delevingne who co-hosted a Gucci cocktail party for Derek Blasberg this week wearing this chic and sharp black and gold ensemble. Poppy never puts a fashion foot wrong nowadays so its no surprise I am featuring her this week in my round up. It was the trousers though that pushed this look into lust worthy territory for me - I want, I need, I love them!



Next up and its a return to form for Jennifer Lopez who ended up in the 'sin bin' last week but has pulled herself back by slipping into one of her signiture looks - a body con dress that flattered her famous curves. The dress in question was a showstopping Lanvin Tri-Colored Snake Swarovski design which has also been pictured on actress Emma Stone. She paired it with black skyscraper Giuseppe Zanotti heels and a sleek pony showing off the gorgeous snake detail in all its glory.


Another high scorer this week was Leighton Meester who was in Shanghai opening a new Harry Winston store. Her off the shoulder black lace dress was by Marchesa which she teamed with Louboutins and lashings of Harry Winston jewels. Whilst this wasn't directional as such Leighton is another purveyor of old school glamour - and when she carries it off so well why should she do anything else! She does loose style points however as the outfit failed to keep my eyes straying towards Chuck Bass - though nothing probably could.


To finish off I've picked my favourite looks from the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner (see the looks that didn't fare so well after the jump) which took place earlier this week. My three winners have to be Dakota Fanning in Prada, Kate Hudson in Jenny Packham and Ginnifer Goodwin who took the biggest risk of the night, wearing a ruffled creation from the H&M Red Carpet Conscious Collection, and won!


see more looks after the jump


Now its time for the looks i think missed the mark this week and I'll begin where i left off - with the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner and unfortunately I had to include Claire Danes who wore a white satin halterneck Vivienne Westwood dress. The style itself is fine for her shape - but I don't think the colour is doing her any favours and paired with that bright red lip she looked a bit like a deflated Marilyn Monroe. Statement earrings and a chic up-do might have saved this look.

Also lacking a little something was Charlize Theron in a pre A/W Emilio Pucci gown with nude slip underneath. Others may disagree but I think this dress is drowning her! The print is overpowering and she could have done with either flashing some flesh or bringing in a pop of bright colour to lift the look.

Lastly its Zooey Deschanel in a grey strapless Oscar de la Renta gown. Again it swamps her as it looks far too long and her make up is a bit heavy for the delicacy of the dress - maybe a pink lip and softer eye would have looked better? But really its Zooey's awkward shoulders hunched pose which is putting me off - she just doesn't look comfortable at all!


Next up on my hit list is Christina Milian who presents for The Voice USA. I just don't get what is going on here - first there is a summery patterned maxi dress - that I can deal with - but then there are biker boots and a leather jacket! This may have worked if she was Kate Moss or Sienna Miller and made it look a bit boho - but then she goes and throws on a bright blue beanie hat! The mind boggles.

And lastly you get double the trouble with twin tastic Dancing on Ice stars Jorgie Porter and Chemmy Alcott who spent a night on the town in Liverpool with matching skirts which I think are from French Connection last season but I might be wrong? My main issue  however is that it looks like they have got dressed in the dark with patchy tan and clashing shoes. Eeekkk!

Do you agree with my weekly round up? Anyone you would have left out or added in?


No comments:

Post a Comment