Trend Alert: Work It

Today marked exactly three weeks until I move to London and start working from our very 'corporate' offices and whilst I am frantically trying to sort out flat viewings I also have another major concern to worry about - my wardrobe.

I have far too many clothes, not all of which are suitable for the new office environment (leather shorts and high top wedges anyone?) and with too few suitcases and a small car something is going to have to give!

So without loosing the 'fashion' element of my look I need to organise myself and create a capsule work wear wardrobe with everything else being saved for the weekend, put on eBay or sent to the charity shop. These outfits will then be road tested in the office over the next week and hopefully I can put some outfit posts up to gather opinions.

So far I know my capsule wardrobe will consist of the following: loosely tailored trousers  in soft colours and city shorts which will both be worn with soft blouses and shirts. To finish off I might throw in the odd printed dress in a midi length, worn with nude heels.

I have all these items in my wardrobe already which is perfect as I can just adapt and mix as needed - however a girl is allowed to dream - see my pick of my dream designer work wear wardrobe below.


1. Shorts, £145, Paul & Joe
2. Shirt, £325, Philip Lim
3. Trousers, £515, Chloe
4. Dress, £525, JW Andersen
5. Trousers, £170, Maje
6. Dress, £395, Erdem
7. Trousers, £350, Miu Miu
8. Shirt, £325, Burberry
9. Shorts, £40, Topshop
10. Shoes, £735, Yves Saint Laurent

No comments:

Post a Comment