Hosted by Alexa Chung, the event saw many of the biggest names in British fashion scoop top honours including Christopher Kane who deservedly picked up the crown for ‘Scottish Fashion Designer of the Year’.
Meanwhile, supermodel and face of Chanel, Stella Tennant was inducted into the‘Scottish Fashion Awards Hall of Fame’, with personal video messages broadcast from Karl Lagerfeld and Mario Testino to boot.
Earlier in the week I blogged about the nominees for Scottish Fashion Icon 2012 and I am happy to report my predicted winner Karen Gillan was victorious whilst fellow nominee Tali Lennox took home ‘Scottish Model of the Year’.
A full list of winners is below but first I wanted to take a look at the impressive array of celebs who attended (and more importantly what they wore) including more after the jump.
|Model Tali Lennox and presenter Alexa Chung wearing Christopher Kane|
|Models David Gandy and Stella Tennant in a dress by Christopher Kane|
|Holly Fulton in her own design and Dionne Bromfield who also wore Holly Fulton|
|Jade Ewen and Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh|
|Swarovski Creative Director Nathalie Colin with Swarovski models|
Who impressed you most on the night?
For me it has to be Tali Lennox who wore a dreamy cream Nicholas Oakwell couture gown.
Alexa Chung in Christopher Kane was ruled out purely for over-use of white shirts (she pulled the same trick at the Met Gala with disappointing results) and Dione Bromfield also would have turned heads in Holly Fulton if it wasn't for her swarovski Hello Kitty clutch bag. Note to Dionne: thats only cute when you are five or maybe at a push Katy Perry.
Full 2012 winners list:
- Scottish Designer of the Year – sponsored by Instyle – Christopher Kane
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year – sponsored by The Scottish Fashion Council – Hayley Scanlan
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year – sponsored by House of Fraser – Dashing Tweeds
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year – sponsored by Swarovski – William Chambers
- Captial FM – Karen Gillan
- Scottish Communicator of the Year – sponsored by Glasgow Airport – Faye McLeod
- Scottish Model of the Year – sponsored by Radley London – Tali Lennox
- Scottish Retailer of the Year - sponsored by Braehead – SHHH-OOHS (Luxury Shoe Retailer)
- Scottish Fashion Photographer – sponsored by The Herald and Times Group – Jonathan Daniel Pryce
- Scotland’s New Face – sponsored by Smart of Glasgow - Kerry O'May
- Scottish Graduate of the Year – sponsored by Marks & Spencer – Joanne McGillivary
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric) – sponsored by Toni & Guy – Mulberry
- Scottish Fashion Innovator sponsored by bareMinerals – Brian Rennie (Creative Managing Director of Basler)
- Fashion Ambassador sponsored by Mercedes-Benz West of Scotland – Colin McDowell
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2010 – sponsored by Hartmann Media – Stella Tennant
All images courtesy of Hartmann Media. For more info go to www.scottishfashionawards.com