Le Geek C'set Chic

Earlier in the month I blogged about my August Inspiration and how I planned to channel some Geek Chic into my life and my wardrobe.

Well after a long cruise of the A/W 12 opening collections from both designers and the high street I think I may have cracked the code!

First take a pencil skirt (or any midi length skirt style this season for that matter) then layer up with chunky knitted sweaters and cardigans - preferably those which show off your test scores like this beauty below from Aubin & Wills.

Then, add a classic mac or duffle coat over the top and accessorise with a satchel and oversize frames. Lastly for footwear you can't go wrong with a loafer or brogue - flat shoes really are the height of fashion this season!

Non essential (but oh so stylish) extras include hairbands and embellished collars. Blair Waldorf anyone?

See below for my selection of geek essentials that are in store and online right now.


1. Glasses, AJ Morgan at ASOS, £15
2. Satchel, Cambridge Satchel Company at ASOS, £120
3. Mac, Burberry Brit, £665
4. Loafters,Christian Bouboutin
5. Jumper, Aubin & Wills, £55
6. Pencil Skirt, Erdem, £590
7. Collar,Marni, £240
8. Hairband, Miu Miu, £135
9. Brogues, Red Valention, £290
10. Cape, Oasis, £55

No comments:

Post a Comment