The Best Summer Holiday Swimsuits

In case you hadn't noticed the humble swimsuit is experiencing somewhat of a revival for 2013 and I'm totally on board with this trend! After years of wearing bikini's on holiday, this year I'm craving something much more grown up, not to mention less revealing - long gone are the days I want to wear a skimpy two piece held together by some unreliable string!

With that in mind, and with two holidays looming in September, I decided now was the time to buy a great swimsuit. Here is my edit of the 8 best styles - both designer and high street for every budget - I hope it gives you some inspiration no matter where you vacay this summer.



Designer labels offered up a host of bold tropical and tribal styles - a particular favourite of mine was rising star Charlie by Matthew Zink. But the winner had to be Aussie label We Are Handsome. Pioneer of the printed swimsuit and featured on the blog here before they are my favourite swimwear brand by far.

I also scoured the Great British High Street and found there are some great Aztec, tribal and geometric prints available, especially at Ted Baker, Dorothy Perkins and River Island. However, I was blown away by a particular black art-deco sequin style from Topshop. It's now residing in my wardrobe waiting for its chance to shine. 

1. Rainbow print bandeau, £199, Mara Hoffman at Net a Porter. 
2. Geo Aztec swimsuit, £26, Dorothy Perkins. 
3. Deco sequin swimsuit, £36, Topshop.
4. The Messengers swimsuit, Now £133, We Are Handsome at Net a Porter.
5. Halterneck swimsuit, £220, Charlie by Matthew Zink at Net a Porter. 
6. Snake print swimsuit, Now £40, Ted Baker.
7. Shangri La swimsuit, £165, Gottex at Harrods.
8. Graduate Fashion week feather swimsuit, £12, George at Asda.

No comments:

Post a Comment