La Redoute Autumn / Winter 2013 Press Day

Last week I was invited along to the Autumn / Winter 2013 press day for La Redoute at the Ice Tank Studios in Covent Garden. The event was doubly special as the iconic French brand was celebrating its 18th year in the UK with cupcakes, cocktails, Prosecco and mini manicures. 

Alongside viewing the La Redoute A/W 13 own label collections - Soft Grey, Mademoiselle R and Season Trends - the day also presented us with the opportunity to view the designer collections this season from Courreges, ba&sh and Le Mont St Michel. Myself and Sophie from La fashion Folie found some great hidden gems in each range but my favourite piece has to be the biker style jacket with detachable fur collar that I'm clinging on to below. If that doesn't float your boat there are plenty of other on trend looks including an oriental bomber jacket, an asymmetric quilted skirt, two pink coats, a cool boyfriend coat and plenty of a leopard print. 


French fashion house Courreges, considered 'futuristic' in the 60's, showed a capsule collection of clean, structured lines and a minimalist colour palette of bright white and hot pink. The 3/4 length sleeve 'Trapeze' dress below is a key look for the season - and looks far more expensive than its £119 price tag. 


Faux leather was another important aspect of the La Redoute for the season, featured on leggings, trousers and a dress studded with metal eyelets. Meanwhile, accessories and footwear options were simple yet classic. The thin gold bee belt caught my eye, as did a faux snakeskin chain strap bag. 


See more after the jump





Whilst at the La Redoute event I was asked to do a piece to camera for the brands' youtube channel which I hope to share with you come the collection launch date if I make the final cut (I think the heat made me a bit delirious that day, not to mention an extreme case of sweaty fringe so probably not) and many thanks to Mercer Keeble for inviting me along and apologies for eating you out of bon bon's and marshmallows. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I need that first coat! I love it!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete