Perfect For Petites: Maxi Dress Dilemma

I don't think I've ever blogged about my height before so most people won't be aware I'm only 5ft 1 and therefore have struggled most my life to find clothes that won't trail on the ground or cause me to trip over. Of course, if there is something I really love I'll have it altered but otherwise it's a constant battle! I especially struggle with summer's biggest trend - maxi dresses.

Not any more though - recently I discovered the petite range at Miss Selfridge and it was a revelation. I bought the black jersey maxi dress (left) first, closely followed by the same version in turquoise (right) after wearing it once and loving the fit, not to mention that its the perfect length when worn with flats.

I'm now thinking of ways to style my new buys for the great British summer (read changeable weather) and for my upcoming holiday to Marrakech. I've decided on sticking to my usual summer hippy-boho style and adding a few luxe touches when it comes to jewellery. This Aztec kimono from Topshop is a recent purchase and goes great with both colours, whilst the rhinestone midi rings and Zara necklace are already residing in my jewellery box (see my Instagram account for proof). Alas, I wish I could afford the Mulberry Alexa aztec satchel - it's a great statement piece that would last well into autumn.


1. Gold necklace, Now £3.99, Zara
2. Alexa Aztec Satchel, £1,870, Mulberry
3. Beaded dip dye tassel drop earrings, £25, Topshop
4. Jersey Maxi Dress, £33, Miss Selfridge
5. Aztec Embroidered Kimono, £60, Topshop
6. Strappy Back Maxi Dress, £33, Miss Selfridge
7. Rhinestone midi ring, £5.50, Topshop
8. Gladiator Sandals, £26, Topshop
9. Flower midi ring, £5.50, Topshop

1 comment:

  1. That bag is so wonderful I love it!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete