Rain, rain go away

The question on everyone lips is - will it ever stop raining?

Or, as I suspect, is a man called Noah currently building us an ark to escape the forthcoming flood.
I’m slightly disappointed that I have barely been out of my wellies and trench foot is looking like a possibility if this keeps up. Especially since at the start of the month (when the sun was shining) I went out and bought some lovely summery items including floral print trousers, a white lace dress and ballet pumps - none of which have not seen the light of day.

Whilst I’ve mostly been working up a pastel storm as previously discussed here browsing online this week I saw a new trend cropping up – Tropicana - which includes Hawaiian florals, birds of paradise and jungle foliage splashed across body-con dresses, wide leg trousers and slinky vests.

I will definitely be wearing this look come summer and have already started my wish list below, though obviously the Choo’s are out of my price range! However amazing alternatives can be found on the High Street at Oasis, New Look and Warehouse.

1. Clutch, Charlotte Olympia, £475. 2. Marc by Marc Jacobs, £290. 3. Dress, Oasis, £70. 4. Dress, Rare, £56. 5. Shirt, Stella McCartney, £610. 6. Sunglasses, H&M, £3.99.
7. Trousers, Altuzarra, £485. 8. Shoes, Jimmy Choo, £895. 9. Crop top, £16.99, New Look.
10. Vest top, £22, Warehouse.


Styling tips: To avoid looking like you dad circa 1970 team loose Hawaiian print shirts with uber skinny leggings and some very high stacked heels or wedges.
Styling tip: For accessories raffia, basket weave, snakeskin and perspex are your best friends. The Charlotte Olympia bag is a real all rounder that goes with everything. Just add some sunnies and you are good to go to club Tropicana. Where fingers crossed the drinks will be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment