Fantasy Met Dress Shopping

My weekly Friday fashion round up got me thinking about what I would wear should I be invited to the Met Ball myself - not that its likely to happen being neither rich, famous or influential in the world of fashion.

I decided on Haute Couture as if I am fantasising I might as well go all the way. So I took a look back at all the S/S 12 Couture catwalks and came up with some options below.

I think the Gothic pleated designs at Christian Dior Haute Couture below would suit my need for drama and the tones are pretty much suitable for everyone - including my pasty complexion! The sheer fabrics satisfy the requirement to look sexy whilst the pleats keep things feminine.

Christian Dior S/S 12 Haute Couture runway

These three from Giambattista Valli are classic with a twist - one of my key philosophies when buying clothes - but are  all embellished enough to keep things interesting. I'd wear any of the three with a dramatic red lip and a sweeping up do to add extra drama. I think Emma Stone, who was in my sin bin earlier, would have benefited from any of these Valli masterpieces at the Met Gala.

Giambattista Valli S/S 12 Haute Couture runway

Lastly its the master of couture, Elie Saab with three perfect pastel creations. I can see someone like Jessica Chastain in the cream whilst the younger pink and blue hues would suit Ellie or Dakota Fanning. For myself I'd wear the cream with long wavy locks and vintage jewellery. 

Elie Saab's S/S 12 Haute Couture collection. All images from Elle.com
As I said before all of this is pretty moot as I could never afford couture, but maybe one day I will still get to witness the glamour of the Met Gala. Fingers (and toes) crossed..

No comments:

Post a Comment