June Inspiration

At the start of each month I pick an image which I hope will inspire me over the coming weeks and this time I am going to need a LOT of inspiration.

After moving to London at the weekend I need to unpack and decorate my room, win over my new house mates and generally get my bearings.

Then its on to work on Wednesday where I have more of the same to do - unpack, acclimatize to the more formal office environment, make nice with my new colleagues and impress the big bosses - for example the words 'dude' is going to have to leave my vocabulary and no longer will Made In Chelsea be a valid topic of conversation.

After that its a simple matter of fitting in all my work on some of our biggest issues of the year whilst single handedly creating an installation area from scratch for a national childrenswear trade show, assisting on a childrenswear shoot then booking models, photographers, hair & make up artists and locations for a further two men's and women's shoots, styling said shoots by myself (no assistant this time) and schmoozing the brands I want featured in the shoots.

And to top it all off I have to make an appearance at Graduate Fashion Week - all whilst looking fashionable and like I know what I am talking about obviously!

Clearly I need help.

So I turned to one source of inspiration I knew would never let me down - Beyonce.

She who preaches that girls can run the world and look amazing whilst doing it. She who tells men they are irreplaceable whilst blowing bubble gum. Now that's what I am talking about...

Beyonce as shot by photographer Sharif Hamza for the July 2011 issue of Dazed & Confused



No comments:

Post a Comment