Friday Fashion Round Up: Front Row Special

This week's Friday Fashion Round Up - a light-hearted look at who's wearing what - comes direct from London Fashion Week's front row.

Now the week is over and I've digested everything from the catwalk trends to the hundreds of business cards at the bottom of my bag I thought I should take a look over the best outfits of the week, and on the flip side, those that impressed me less.

First up is Dita Von Teese who arrived at the Burberry catwalk wearing a dress from their A/W 12 collection. She accessorized with a bag and umbrella in wintery plum tones. I remember when this dress went down the catwalk thinking it was one of my favourite pieces. I'm glad she has worn it well whilst looking as polished as ever.


Despite Dita's best efforts my style hero this season has to be Leigh Lezark seen below at the Kenzo party held at Liberty. Leigh didn't put a step wrong the whole week showing an enviable selection of high shine metallics and little black dresses. Gold Star. I want her style!


Next up is Olivia Palermo, who attended the Mulberry show carrying a Mulberry Alexa bag- worn with a mustard jumper and plum jeans. Looking every inch the fashionista Miss P really has charmed the pants off the British - showing them how to do front row fashion. I'm off to get myself some plum trousers now.


More Olivia P now at the Matthew Williamson show and even though I'm slightly annoyed that I wore pretty much the same outfit (minus the designer price tag) but didn't get street style snapped I can't deny that she looks good here. How glossy is that hair - maybe that's what I was missing - a mane like a well groomed pooch.


Poppy Delevingne attended the same show wearing ripped jeans paired with a cream blazer and top by Temperley London. I'm very jealous of her effortless style not to mention the loose plaited band of hair. I saw alot of girls wearing their hair this way at LFW - I see a trend emerging!


See more after the jump




the day before Poppy had worn yellow trousers and a navy jumper to attend the House of Holland show. I love the contrast of the gold glittery heels with the cropped yellow trousers. I so wish I could pull off yellow trousers but I fear I'd look like a fat banana so best leave this trend to the professionals!


Next up is Alexa Chung who divided my opinion on several occassions this week. Here she is below at the Mulberry show looking perfectly polished right down to her mannicured leopard print nails which match her Alexa bag. I love the grey marl jersey jumper with the camisole underneath - she looks cute and on-trend at the same time.


Its not until the Margaret Howell show that things took a turn for the worse for Alexa. Wearing a grey cardigan with jeans and cat eye sunglasses personally I think this looks sloppy. There is nothing wrong with casual on the front row - just make sure the hair and make up still looking rather than a 'just rolled out of bed' moment. Vogue has this listed as a 'best dressed' of the week online though so what do I know!


Another offender was Daisy Lowe who wore A/W 12 Toshop Unique jumper to attend the label's show - but tragically forgot to put on any pants before she left the house. Its a shame because I like the top half but from the waist down the lack of pants is just a big distraction for me.


Pixie Geldof also attended the Topshop Unique show wearing a white shirt from the Topshop X JW Anderson collection and pleated knee length skirt. For me this is a bit bland and I'd have liked to have seen more colour on Pixie. I get what she was trying to achieve but the top half looks a bit chef / waiter like and the bottom half says public school girl.


For the Diesel and Serpentine party, model of the moment Tali Lennox wore a Diesel Black Gold red leather jacket, shirt tied at the waist and black leather shorts. It might just be me but I'm thinking Pretty Woman - before the makeover. The hat (which she didn't appear to take off all week) and Julia Roberts hair isn't helping matters.


Let me know what you think of my Friday Fashion Round up and if there is anyone I have missed off the best or worst dressed lists.  


1 comment:

  1. Some great outfits there.... can't chose, I kept scrolling down thinking this is my fave, oh no wait, this one is my fave... Some great Choices!

    xx
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete