London Fashion Week Day One Highlights

Day One of London Fashion Week. I wasn't even supposed to be here, how did this happen? Because I'm a glutton for punishment and no matter how many times I suffer aching bones and cut up feet I keep doing this to myself. Let me set the scene - I was never planning on doing LFW this year, its a week before I go on holiday and I don't want to catch a cold just in time for it as I invariably do each season. Last minute I take on a freelance job covering shows for Access Fashion, cue wardrobe meltdown as I realize I have nothing to wear, at least not for all five days, and especially in the monsoon season weather London is currently experiencing. Why won't it stop raining! 

I started my day with a catwalk presentation at Fashion Scout from upcoming designer Yifang Wan. Outerwear pieces were definitely highlights, including wide lapel blazers and knee length coats layered over mirco dresses in monochrome, sparkly grey and glitzy green. 

I then took to Somerset House for the Daks show which took a surprising direction with its SS14 collection - transporting the audience to the French Riviera. Gorgeous dusty rose shades, slinky black backless dresses and pieces in the brands House Check amazed. These were accessorized with headscarves piled high like turbans, cat eye sunglasses and billowing chiffon capes. 

After taking in the Pop-Up Shop at Somerset House which I blogged about earlier in the week, I took in another show at the Royal Opera House, this time for Design by Shanghai. For one day only, this unique showspace, which was designed like a garden, brought eleven of China's hottest design talents to London. 

Sadly I missed out on my last catwalk of the day as Eudon Choi was full to capacity - someone clearly hadn't done the maths as the queue was still 100 people deep when the doors closed - but hopefully there will be more to see tomorrow. Roll on day two. 




See more after the jump 










1 comment:

  1. I couldn't stay away either! Loving these collections.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete