London Fashion Week Newbies: The New Labels Making Waves for SS14

As promised here's my second post from the designer showrooms at London Fashion Week and this time I'm focusing on the wave of new brands coming through for Spring / Summer 2014. Please note this is by no means a comprehensive list of new launches - just a few labels which caught my eye thanks to their unique design that I wanted to share with you! 

First up, newly launched footwear label Kult Domini had me intrigued as soon as I walked past and saw their inventive display - it turns out the designer Kate and her partner have just opened a furniture store, loving restoring vintage pieces. I was drawn in further when I saw the 70's style brogues and sandals in beautiful natural tones of taupe, pistachio, grey, mint and white in textured leather - in other word's they've nailed it on the head with a collection that will sit perfectly alongside the majority of the ready-to-wear colourways and trends for S/S 14. The LFW website further informs me that the collection is actually entitled ‘Syreni’ and is inspired by the currents of the sea - with their chunky curved heels. Either way I'm hooked, please say they do size 3's! 

Other lust-worthy labels included new London based scarf label Ottoline, designed by former model Hayley Menzies and inspired by muse Lady Ottoline Morrell, an influential British aristocrat. The debut line of silk scarves, all trimmed with a hand embroidered gold chain, is named 'Acid Safari'. The scarves we're beautifully soft and lightweight - just the kind of thing I'd take on holiday with me to wear of an evening - and particular favourites included the exotic tiger eye prints.





See more after the jump 



Jewellery labels launching at LFW this season included British label Vickisarge and Kattri, which is the brainchild of Brazilian designer Amanda Gerbasi. 

For over three decades Vicki Sarge was half of Erickson Beamon, and the influence is clear in the collection which mixes semi-precious stones with everyday materials. Costume jewellery at it's best, the S/S 14 line features statement chain collars, earrings, rings and broaches. Meanwhile, Kattri is all about bold yet minimalist gemstone jewellery. The trademark piece is the quadrant ring as seen below in pink quartz, citrine, crystal and black quartz, and these are mixed with geometric pendants and earrings. Just wear with soft tailoring and neutral tones. 





Finally I'd like to say thank you to the NEWGEN designer's at Topshop's Somerset House space for designing this year's must-have LFW souvenir - the notepad. Whilst last year gumball machines dispensed branded badges, this year the designer's created covers for notepads and at the makeshift stationary stall you could customise them to your hearts content. Even better all proceeds from the notebooks went to charity. I chose the style below from Simone Rocha - like I needed another notepad eh! 



No comments:

Post a Comment