Woolly Wonders: knits for the new season

As Wool Week 2013 (14th - 20th October) draws to a close I thought it only fitting to share my best woolly wonders with you on the blog. These are the knits I'm craving for AW 13, some thanks to their catwalk credentials - Kenzo's Lotus eye & Christoper Kane's brain scan are both signature, unmistakable prints this season - whilst others I love thanks to their timeless simplicity, which means I can dig them out again next winter. In particular, waffle knits in grey and brown are my go-to pieces right now, worn with denim at weekends or over skirts for work, and the high street has some high-fashion alternatives - just beware of the lower wool content. 

Whilst we are on the subject of knits has anyone noticed the alarming amount of Christmas jumpers already available? Every year they seem to drop earlier - I had to check my calendar to make sure I hadn't skipped over Halloween - and the designs become more outlandish. Gone are the days you were ridiculed a la Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones for wearing a Christmas jumper, now it seems you're missing out if you don't show your support for the festive period by wearing some kind of santa / reindeer / snowman sweater. I myself will be purchasing Primark's 'nice baubles' red design for £12, after all there's nothing like a bit of innuendo to get Christmas off to a good start is there? 




No comments:

Post a Comment